I really hate new year’s resolutions. It seems to be the perfect set up for failure. So I decided to do a bucket list for 2012.
I know that a bucket list is suppose to be a list of things you want to do before you die. In my case my bucket list is going to be 12 things that I hope to do/learn by the end of the year.
So here I go in no particular order:
1. Crochet a garment with set in sleeves. I’ve been a real chicken about making anything for the family with set in sleeves. Any tops I have made have either been vests, sleeveless or the sleeves are part of the body. No seaming. For some reason set in sleeves really scare me, so I think it’s time to bite the bullet and give them a shot. I was thinking something like this:
Would be perfect for the two littlest grands for Easter.
2. Learn tunisian crochet. I mean really learn, I didn’t realise until recently that tunisian is quite beautiful and is not only for afghans. Just take a look at this:
How cute for new baby to be and her big brother Em. I also have another pattern that I would love to do called the Bead and Roses Coat from the Master Class Crochet book.
3. After 3 surgeries and chemo in the past 2 years my immune system is non existent. I have a tendency to catch everything going around and ususally end up on antibiotics because my body can’t fight it on my own. So my hope this year is to build my system back up.
4. To tie in with the above my stamina sucks big time. Walking is still painful for any length of time and I’m ususally exhausted after 15 or 20 mins. I think the treadmill is going to be put back to work this year. Maybe getting back into using it everyday will help.
5. My 4 youngest grandbabies are sadly lacking in scrapbook pages. I think it’s time to catch up
6. Complete one crochet project per month for Christmas next year so that I’m not in a panic by Christmas Eve. Sorry Don but more yarn will be required for this one
7. Purge, purge, purge. The two bedrooms upstairs are still packed with stuff from the girls. I think it’s time that the rooms get cleared. So my darling daughters if there’s anything you want from either of those rooms you better let me know soon. There is a great calendar here http://www.mysimplerlife.com/decluttercalendar.htm. I love that it has one job a day like clear out one corner and clear out paper in a box. Not so overwhelming that way.
8. Don this your only warning, I have decided that I will have to nag you more this year LOL I really, really, really want the flooring put down in our room. Don’t care about the wood stove room so much but really want our room done. So be prepared to be nagged on a regualr basis.
9. Start planning our trip to the east coast. I know we can’t do it this year (financially and time wise) but next year that is my big wish.
10. Be more financially responsible and put a dent in my credit balances. We’ve over indulged in the last couple of years and now is the time to get back on track.
11. I really enjoyed our photograhpy challenge this year and I think it should be reinstated for this year. What do you say Jamie and Shari?
12. Remember to tell and show my family I love them by word and deed this year. All of them have been so supportive over the past couple of years and I don’t know if I have shown them how much they mean to me. This year I am going to make the effort to show them more.
I hope all my family and friends have an awesome 2012 and have all their wishes and dreams come true.